A Fashion Passion that all started with a Purple Corduroy Blazer. Welcome to the blog of Amy and Jennifer, Sisters and Style Bloggers!

Menu & Search

Send Us Your Fashion Hang-Ups Here!

May 16, 2016

Scroll down to the ‘Leave a Reply’ section below and send us your fashion hang-ups.  We will reply to ALL comments, and will choose three to discuss on-air next Monday, May 23rd on Good Day Marketplace on Fox 55/27.

mypurpleblazer
Related article
Swap-n-Shop

Swap-n-Shop

A: Okay, so we thoroughly enjoy the whole Black Friday…

Avant What?

Avant What?

Jennifer:  Okay, sis!  You love fashion magazines and are inspired…

Skirt On Over

Skirt On Over

Amy: So we took a little break because you left…

10 Discussion to this post

1. Lisa Renee says:

So, my biggest fashion hang-up is that I want my short legs to appear longer! I am just under five foot three inches. I know about wearing high heels and short skirts to give the illusion of longer legs. That is fine when you’re young, but I’m pushing 50 and feel silly in super high heels, and short skirts don’t seem appropriate at my age. So what’s an old, shorty like me to do?!

• mypurpleblazer says:

Hi Lisa! Your question was selected to be answered on-air! Please visit ‘My Purple Blazer on Fox 55’ under our main menu tab to watch the segment and our advice to your question! Thank you ?

2. JoLynne says:

I’m in my 30’s and always shy away from color. The majority of my wardrobe is black, white and gray. How do you suggest I ease into wearing bright colors? Thanks!

• mypurpleblazer says:

Hi JoLynne! Accessories…shoes, bags and jewelry…are a safe and easy way to add a pop of color to your wardrobe. Because your wardrobe consists of neutrals, any color you select is sure to match! If you’re ready to add a great top to the mix, royal blue is a great start! It’s bright and universally flattering. The most important thing is to have fun! Happy Shopping! ?

3. Lindsey says:

I am always terrified of mixing patterns! What would you recommend for someone who usually plays it safe with fashion?

• mypurpleblazer says:

Hi Lindsey! Your question was selected to be answered on-air! You can view our answer and the segment by visiting our ‘My Purple Blazer on Fox 55’ under the main menu tab. Thank you and enjoy!

4. Erin says:

I’m in my mid-30s and most of my work clothing is pretty basic: black slacks and grey or black blazers with blouses. I’d love to find different options to wear to work. How can I find affordable and stylish pieces that look professional (without being perceived as too trendy in a conservative workplace)?

• mypurpleblazer says:

Hi Erin! Your question was selected to be answered on-air! Please visit the main menu tab, select ‘My Purple Blazer on Fox 55’ to watch our segment and to receive your answer…Thanks so much.

5. Paula Lucore says:

I love over the knee boots but am over 50 and want to know how to wear them in a way that is age appropriate.

• mypurpleblazer says:

Oh how we love OTK boots, too! ? To avoid the whole “Pretty Woman” effect, wear yours with jeggings and a loose, flowy blouse or a great tank with a blazer. Age is truly no matter here, it’s just about juxtaposing the sexiness of the boot with a more conservative top/jacket and accessorizing with a smile! ?