A Fashion Passion that all started with a Purple Corduroy Blazer. Welcome to the blog of Amy and Jennifer, Sisters and Style Bloggers!

Menu & Search

LDD

November 6, 2015

Little Denim Dress…Fashioned Five Ways

J: Ok sis, I bought this dress at Target. I wore it with the belt it came with and nude cut-out pumps, which in and of itself was “out of the box” for me. I LOVE this dress. It’s so soft and so comfy. You told me that it’s on trend and it will also transcend the trend. So, I took your advice and just tried it. Now, I need help transforming it past the “stock” look. HELP!

A: So since you went for it and “splurged” (laughing) on your $27 purchase, I won’t ask you to buy anything new. Let’s go shop your closet, Big Spender! (insert eyeroll)

J: Hey, Mama don’t work!!! Quit trying to be funny and be my personal shopper “Rachel”!

A: Do you think our readers are understanding all of the ‘Friends’ references?

J: I don’t know? They should comment below and let us know!

Multi-purpose the LDD by leaving it open and dressing it over a shift. Pair it with a wide brim hat (seriously on-trend) and black boots for a look that crosses so many dimensions…hot, laid back, glam, comfortable.

A wide belt accentuates the waist while the wedge on the grey suede bootie makes running errands easy…add a navy hat and you’ve got a look that equals COOL!

Fringe is having such a moment! Love these shoes. The hue of this sweater complements them beautifully and adds a layer of warmth to our dropping temperatures.  We amped up this look by amping up my hair and makeup.  Check out Ro’s handy work on Outfit Your Face!

Headed to a tailgate or a chili cook-off? This look is festive and seriously stylish.  Vest, hat, boots.

A: So, did you have fun?

J: Yes, yes I did!!

###

mypurpleblazer
Related article
Swap-n-Shop

Swap-n-Shop

A: Okay, so we thoroughly enjoy the whole Black Friday…

Avant What?

Avant What?

Jennifer:  Okay, sis!  You love fashion magazines and are inspired…

Skirt On Over

Skirt On Over

Amy: So we took a little break because you left…

20 Discussion to this post

1. Paula Lucore says:

I enjoy seeing the same piece styled different ways. These are good ideas to get the most out of the clothes you have in your closet. It is also helpful for when you are traveling and want to bring a few things that you can wear in several ways.

2. Beth W. says:

Wow, I would never have thought to wear the dress over another dress or even belted under the cardigan. Both looks are great and will be something I’ll try!

3. Lindsey Trojahn says:

I really like the dress with the brown sweater. I am in love with the high heels with the fringe…. super cute!

• mypurpleblazer says:

Thank you, Lindsey! The shoes are super affordable…Christian Siriano for Pay less…Christmas is right around the corner, start making your list ?.

4. Karla says:

I love the denim trend. I especially enjoyed the hats and the variety or shoes/boots. Would have never considered a few of the options. Love love love the suggestions!!

5. Sara Ross says:

I like all the looks!!!… I love how versatile the LDD is!?❤️

6. Carol K. says:

I love the denim! Can’t wait to see what you come up with next.

• mypurpleblazer says:

Thank you! Next up…’Special Addition’ holiday piece featuring sequins! If there’s ever something you would like us to cover, don’t hesitate to ask! XO ?

7. Lisa Renee says:

I love ALL of these looks! Think I will get me a LDD asap and start experimenting!

• mypurpleblazer says:

Hi Lisa!
      Please post a picture when you do…we would love to see what you’re feeling inspired to wear! XO ?

8. Mariah says:

Loved all the denim dress looks! I have a denim shirt I wear multiple ways and was on the fence with purchasing a dress. I didn’t think I could pull off more than one look, but you showed me great ideas. And I have most of those items in my closet!

I love and totally got the Friends reference! And love the sister banter! Great Blog ladies, looking forward to see what’s next for fall!! ❤️

• mypurpleblazer says:

Yay! We’re loving the fact that our obsession with ‘Friends’ and the show’s references aren’t lost on our readers.
      Thank you, Mariah, for the ❤ and support! ?

9. Melissa says:

The post with the vest, hat & boots is my personal favorite, but I appreciate all of the ideas! Thank you for sharing.

10. Danielle says:

I love the fact that you can dress super cute and not break the bank. And anyone can wear these outfits and feel good about themselves. SUPER CUTE!!!